Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I FINISHED COURSE TWO!


Well, I did it! Tonight I finished the Wilton Course 2 at Hobby Lobby. The instructor was Lori Cottrell, who made it a lot of fun. Throughout this course I mainly learned how to make flowers out of frosting and royal icing. My final cake was an oval strawberry cake with a cream cheese filling. It had basket weaving on the sides and a rope border. All of the flowers are made with royal icing. The flowers include Apple Blossoms, Violets, Mums, Daffodils, Victorian Roses, Pansies, Daisies, Primroses, and Rose Buds. I really enjoy decorating cakes and can't wait to start Wilton Course 4 at Hobby Lobby next week. It is a gumpaste and fondant class, which will run four weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynette, the Wonder Woman!
Your cakes look great! Are you ready to start teaching the rest of us as a RS group? You are so awesome! Hope I grow up to be like you...KN

The May Family said...

You are awesome!!! I love all the flowers on this cake!

Lori said...

Look at you go! The cakes look fantastic and I can't wait to see what you're gonna create next! :) Lori