Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Brad and Ashley's Wedding Cake

Here is the wedding cake that I've been working on the last couple of days.  It felt really good to be able to get back into the kitchen after being out of commission for a while.  This cake was made for my nephew, Brad, who married his sweetheart, Ashley, today.  The cake was 5 layers of chocolate cake filled with a chocolate buttercream filling.  It was topped with a home-made marshmallow fondant, and adorned with swirls, which I piped on with an eggplant colored buttercream. (Be sure to click on the picture to get a better view of it!)

This cake was a lot of fun to make!  A big THANK YOU and CONGRATULATIONS to Brad and Ashley on their special day.

14 comments:

Terri said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!

Sue said...

Stunning!!! You do amazing work!

Cooking with tien said...

Oh, my. What a beautiful cake! -Tien :)

Rob and Jill said...

Absolutely amazing. I would have loved to see it in person.

Krista said...

Oh my goodness, Lynette! I am so impressed. I bet it took forever to pipe those swirls. It is beautiful!!

Amanda said...

Gorgeous!!

Kim said...

You Are Amazing!

Laura Z M said...

Wow.

Wow, and wow.

Courtenay Beth said...

Oh my gosh!! STUNNING!!!! I am so impressed!!!

Victoria Hayden said...

It is a beautiful cake!! I love the swirled piping and a great color in the eggplant...very sophisticated! Congratulations on their wedding and I am so glad you were able to get back in the kitchen creating!

Hugs and love to you,
Victoria

Sara said...

Looks great! And sounds delicious!

The May Family said...

It was so gorgeous in person! What an amazing cake! Maybe one day my twin might make one for me!

Lacie said...

This cake is beautiful, I found it googling and so glad I did Great job!

Sharon said...

Can anyone tell me how to get this eggplant color in royal icing?