Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pink Cupcakes...... A lot of Pink Cupcakes!


Today I made 6 dozen cupcakes. They were for a Young Women New Beginnings.  I thought they turned out great.  They were frosted with about 5 different shades of pink frosting.  And.....they were DELICIOUS, if I do say so myself!  I experimented with the frosting and made it using butter, heavy whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar.  I really think it was the best tasting frosting I have ever made.


Now on to my next project....  A Girl Scout Thin Mint cake.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

These were delicious, Lynette! They looked so cute and pretty displayed on the tables. I was able to go with Brecklyn tonight to New Beginnings. I can't belive she'll be a Beehive this year!

Cupcake Activist said...

A Thin Mint cupcake? Yum!

Rosie said...

These look wonderful. i make my frosting the same way too but also with shortening. i find it works the best. U are awe inspiring. thanks for sharing

Jessica said...

These look great! I like making cakes and baking, but sometimes lack the design skills. Recently my husband and I made an attempt to make a couple "pretty cakes" and to our surprise they came out not too bad. Thanks for all the great info it helps in our home!