Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Brown and Blue Wedding Desserts.....It Was Megan's Great Day!

My friend Megan got married today, and I made some goodies for her special day. With brown and blue as the colors, the possibilities were endless. I started with some cupcakes.....white and chocolate. The chocolate cupcakes had a rich chocolate buttercream frosting with grated chocolate on top. The white cupcakes were topped with a buttercream frosting also.
I also made my Mint Brownie Bites. When I made these before, I was able to just buy Dove Chocolate hearts, because it was close to Valentines Day. Well, I learned that chocolate hearts are impossible to find in the fall. I ended up buying a heart candy mold so that I could make my own chocolate hearts. They were delicious!
I made Cake Balls with a Spice Cake and Cream Cheese frosting.
And I made Cheese Cake Balls. I will have to give you detailed instructions on these little delicacies in a later post. But, I can tell you that they melt in your mouth. The cheesecake was covered with Milk Chocolate, and topped with toasted hazelnuts.

What a beautiful Wedding. Thank you Megan and Taylor, for letting me be a part of your special day.
My next project......Megan's Wedding Cake for her reception next week! It will be a lot of fun.

6 comments:

Amy B. said...

Everything looks so adorable...makes me want to get married all over again...

Lynda said...

You out did yourself here; what beautiful cakes and did you say cheesecake balls? Can't wait for that recipe!

Emmy said...

Beautiful job! And yes, please do post that recipe!

Jake and Annette May said...

okay - did you save some for me?

the hasties said...

You did a grat job they look so good I can only bet that they tast good as will.

kmattso2 said...

I've been following your blog for a couple days now and reading back through all of your old posts. I really enjoy seeing what you've created!!
I have an award waiting for you here:
http://kmattso2.blogspot.com/2009/10/kreativ-blogger-award.html
Please go check it out and pass it on!