Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thank You Bakerella!!!

Bakerella is famous for her Cake Pops. She makes really cute pops for all of the holidays, and this time around I couldn’t resist trying them! My friend Sara and I spent an entire day decorating our cute little creations (some of which are pictured above).

We started by baking cakes from a cake mix. After the cakes baked and cooled, we crumbled them into a bowl and mixed them with frosting. Next, we rolled them into balls (about the size of a quarter). The balls needed to go in the freezer for a few minutes while we melted our candy melts. It was necessary to dip the lollipop sticks into the chocolate melts before putting them into the balls. This made it so the balls wouldn’t fall off the sticks. Once the balls were all on sticks, we placed them into foam blocks and put them back into the freezer. After a few minutes we were able to dip the cake pops into candy melts and decorate away. It’s amazing what you can do with cake sprinkles and confetti! For more details on how to make Bakerella’s Famous Cake Pops check out her website at http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/08/hope-these-put-smile-on-your-face.html



20 comments:

Sara said...

So cute and I had so much FUN! But Next time we will do it over a few days and do 1 animal per day! BUT STILL SO MUCH FUN! They look Great!

Rob and Jill said...

They turned out soooo cute! It looks like a lot of work! You're the woman.

Victoria Hayden said...

Lynette, Ilove your blog!! You are so good at all of this!!! I wish I lived closer to have fun with you! I will have to try these, they look so yummy and cute!!! Love you!

~Victoria~

Linnea said...

Adorable!

Tina Butler said...

Those look so adorable. I know it is a lot of work and it sure paid off. Bakerella would be proud.

Kim said...

SO CUTE!!!! They turned out awesome :O)

Donna-FFW said...

OH MY!! They turned out wonderfully. Just stumbled upon your blog.. nice to meet you. They look fantastic, impressive!

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

Cute!!! They look like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Lynette, you really seem like you're in your element. This site is fantastic, and your cakes are amazing! Keep it up. Margareta forwarded your blog to Mark, who forwarded it to the rest of us that worked with Jim. -Lisa

TaYloRcD5 said...

those are darling!!! you are so amazing to make all these things. i wish i could do it!!!

Anonymous said...

I never thought about making cake crumbs into pops, wow! They are so cute! How in the world do people come up with ideas like this. You do amazing work, not to mention yummy!

Pat said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog...your cake pops are cute too! Having a friend there too help was a good idea, especially since you made so many varieties! They all look great. :-)
Thanks for stopping by.
Pat

Tammigirl said...

You did a beautiful job! I made them, too, but very differently.

Flour Blossoms said...

Hi fellow "fakerella"! you did much better with the cute pops than I did :) But I cannot get over that Christmas tree cake. Its absolutely stunning!!! Great work, I'll definitely be back for more.

Calamity Cookie said...

They look fantastic, just like Bakerella's.

Linda - www.yamstamps.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda - www.yamstamps.com said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my amateur attempts at cake pops - yours are incredible! Glad to have found your blog

Erin Evelyn said...

So adorable!! How did you make your egg shapes so smooth and even?

Lana said...

Hi- Thanks for commenting on my blog- Yours are so cute. Your cakes are adorable!! I love to make cakes, but havent done too many this year- due to being pregnant and having twins. You do a great job- I will probably be following your blog =)

Tammigirl said...

They came out beautifully. I didn't have the guts to do the ball pops because I didn't think I could get the shapes I wanted. Especially the eggs.

I did some really neat babycups, though, and they turned out really cute.